Saturday, 20 August 2011

Time to be more adventurous!

I'm feeling very brave and entering two challenges.  I decided to have a go at making something for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 61.


Whilst I was wandering around the blogosphere I came across the The Play Date Cafe pdcc95



My initial thought was to run away as I'm not a girl for pink but when I got some cardstock out I found the Play Date Cafe colours in my hand. So here goes:



Unfortunately I'm limited on the third dimension as I currently have to scan in the card rather than photograph it; camera and computer won't talk to one another.  I must sort it out as the real life colours are more vibrant.

I started by stamping the background with the little strip from Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Christmas with Distress Inks in Crushed Olive and Chipped Sapphire onto some Bazzill cardstock.  The botanical card is from a Mariposa Mat Stack.  The sentiment is Waltzingmouse Stamp Set Vintage Labels 18 and Fancy Phrases again using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink stamped onto a Spellbinders die.  The flowers were made using a Marianne Creatable die and were rising nicely in my palm when I rolled them around - then I had to squash them, c'est la vie.

All I've got to do now is use the Inlinz bit. All these challenges are more daunting than you first think!  However,this has all been much more fun than decorating.   I keep sneaking things back downstairs having packed it all up so that I can get on.  Perhaps tomorrow I shall feel inspired to put up wall paper rather than make cards. Maybe.





19 comments:

  1. That's a really great card Thelma:0) It's all a bit of a challenge at first but you'll soon be whizzing around. Good Luck with your challenges and I hope you get your comp fixed soon, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super! Lovely texture in the card, the background stamping is super and I do like the flower accents. You'll get the hang of it in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thelma - welcome to blogging -you'll soon be addicted ! This is a beautiful card - love those flowers! Thanks for joining my followers...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thelma - thank you so much for following my blog - I have popped over to see yours, and you have some beautiful projects - I can hardly believe you are new to card-making. Welcome to The Land of Blog - you will find lots of friendly, helpful crafter out there.

    Love the soft colours and the stamping on this card - good luck in the challenges.
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Thelma. Such lovely colors and I love your die cut flowers. Thanks for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really pretty card Thelma. I love your commentary as much as the card. I love the die cut flowers and the Vintage Tags 18 set is one I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the background in your card Thelma...very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of those colors and the sketch! Love the dainty pink flowers and the stamped tag and border!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really soft and pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful take on the sketch and color scheme, love all the elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable even in 2D :) Love those flowers and the stamped background :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH WOW!! your card is beautiful. You did so well with those colors..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous flowers and I love that tone on tone look with the sentiment. Thank you so much for playing along this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What soft and pretty card! Love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you took on the challenge because you did such a great job combining the two! :) So glad you joined us for the WMS Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous colors, very pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Love the textured cardstock and those fab flowers! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC!

    ReplyDelete